I grew up speaking both Swedish and English and taught Swedish at the University of Wisconsin–Madison from 2010–2014. Since that time, I have also worked as a freelance translator and translation editor from Swedish to English. My publications include:
2016 “Rain and Thunder.” Håkan Lindquist’s Regn och Åska. Excerpt. Scandinavian Review. 103.1: 66–73.
2015 “Rebellens skål.” Joe Hill’s “The Rebel’s Toast.” Anywhere But Utah – The Songs of Joe Hill.
And I have worked for organizations such as:
- Hallongrottan, Stockholm, Sweden, Translator
- GQ Magazine, New York, Translation Editor
- Gagosian Gallery, New York, Translation Editor
- Milwaukee Art Museum, WI, Translation Editor
- Ten Chimneys Foundation, Wisconsin, Translator with Aaron Seth Kahn
In 2015, I was awarded the Leif and Inger Sjöberg Translation Award from the American Scandinavian Foundation for my translation of Håkan Lindquist’s Regn och Åska.